Thursday, August 22, 2019

WhatsApp Fingerprint Unlocking Feature Now Available For Android

A few days back, iOS users welcomed the unlock with the fingerprint. Good news guys, such feature now available to users on Android, provided to download the latest version of the beta.



The update is available for Android users who have WhatsApp beta v2.19.221 installed running Android M and above with a device that supports Fingerprint ID authentication.

Once the Fingerprint Authentication is turned on, the widget content will be hidden by default. But users can still answer WhatsApp calls and reply to messages from notifications since the authentication of the fingerprint is only required when the user wants to open the app and access it.

How to Access Fingerprint ID for WhatsApp on Android
  • Open WhatsApp Settings (can be accessed by clicking the three dots present on top right corner) > Account > Privacy.
  • You will find a new option called ‘Fingerprint lock’ under ‘Privacy’.
  • Turn on ‘Unlock with fingerprint’ option to enable the feature.
  • Confirm the selection by touching the fingerprint sensor.
  • WhatsApp Gets Fingerprint Authentication Feature

There are three options available for users to authenticate their identity; visible under ‘Automatically lock and includes options like ‘Immediately’, ‘After 1 minute’ and ‘After 30 minutes’.

The Fingerprint ID authentication feature is gradually rolling out to WhatsApp beta testers on Android and will arrive shortly to all.

Kindly share your experience once you get the new feature as a beta tester.

9 comments:

  1. Such A Nice Article. I loved it.
    Also, I created one website in which i publish some articles related to Sofas. So, Make sure that you will check it out. Click Hereto checkout my website here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Share. Thanks for this. I loved it.
    Also, I created one website on Sofa Reviews. So if you want to purchase some sofa, or looking for new sofas, then here is the link to my website Click Here for more information related to Sofas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Share. Thanks for this. I loved it.
    Also, I created one website on Sofa Reviews. So if you want to purchase some sofa, or looking for new sofas, then here is the link to my website Checkout here for more information related to Sofas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is awesome. meanwhile I have also written one article on Monitors and technology. So if you want to check it out then you can click here for more information related to Monitors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ! I also written one article on best sofas reviews. So You might like it. If you want to read it then you can checkout that article on sofas. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is awesome. meanwhile I have also written one article on Monitors and technology. So if you want to check it out then you can Click here for more information related to Monitors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this, This is exact I Am searching for In Google. Thanks for sharing.

    tinder pour pc
    tindersurpc
    tinder sur pc
    tinder pour pc 2021

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked reading your post! Very high quality content and useful information similar to my post on place.
    visit here Please

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked reading your post! Very high quality content and useful information similar to my post on places to visit to With such a valuable website I believe you deserve to be ranking even higher in the search engines.

    click Here

    ReplyDelete